Perfect to top toasted baguettes as a tangy and sweet appetizer. If possible, use freshly harvested mint and fresh lime juice to elevate the flavors. If you want a more savory note, add 1 finely diced shallot to the mix. A jalapeno will also kick up the heat! But be careful, too much heat can overpower the mint.
- (3/4 – 1 Cup) Strawberries
- (2.5 Tablespoons finely chopped) Chocolate Mint
- (1/2 a lime or 1 tablespoon) Lime Juice
- (2 teaspoons) Granulated Sugar
- (1 Tablespoon) Balsamic Vinegar
- (1 optional) Shallot
- (1 optional, pith and seeds removed) Jalapeno
1.Dice your strawberries into your desired size. I personally like a medium dice.
2. Finely dice shallot and jalapeno if using<
3. In a medium bowl, add chopped mint, lime juice, and sugar.
4. Gently bruise the mint leaves with the back of a spoon (or a pestle if available).
5. Add the strawberries, balsamic vinegar, shallot (optional) and jalapeno (optional), add salt.
6. Tweak the flavors to your liking with lime juice (sour and acidity), balsamic (acidity and sweetness), and saltiness.